What
a better way to start off a new year than with a brand new bouncing baby
boy! Jase Rick Jensen was blessed by his
dad during our Christmas vacation in Salt Lake. He is a good-natured little boy
with a big mouthy smile and is such a blessing to our family. Unlike his petite
older sister, Jase is as solid as they come – he even grunts and growls.
Shortly after the new year began, we got called to serve in the Deaf Branch full-time. Rick and I were called to be Sunday School teachers and we traded off teaching every other week. Rick led the music in ASL and I played the piano for Sacrament meeting. We also served as interpreters for the Branch. I continued to teach ASL at Dixie College and also had the opportunity to teach interpreter training for the Southern Utah area.
Shortly after the new year began, we got called to serve in the Deaf Branch full-time. Rick and I were called to be Sunday School teachers and we traded off teaching every other week. Rick led the music in ASL and I played the piano for Sacrament meeting. We also served as interpreters for the Branch. I continued to teach ASL at Dixie College and also had the opportunity to teach interpreter training for the Southern Utah area.
We
spent Spring Break with family and Janika was able to go on several different
Easter Egg Hunts! She also got to spend some time with her cousin, Landon!
During our break Rick kidnapped me for my 30th birthday. He blind-folded me and had me put on a shirt that said, "Congratulate me, I'm 30!!" He then took me around to various stores. I didn’t know what I was wearing of course. He took lots of pictures and I heard several funny comments! We ended up at “The Anniversary Inn” for a romantic get-away while the kids stayed with their Grandma and Grandpa Jensen. It was fun and I thought it was neat that he would plan a special outing for us! Jase seemed to do fine his first night away from us. A few weeks later we took our kids with us on a mini-vacation to Mesquite with our friends Curtis and Steph and their little boy, Brandon. It was pretty hectic with all our kids along but we still had fun and everyone commented on how cute our kids were.

The
summer kept us busy with vacations and traveling. Rick went to his first Professional
Development Program (PDP) training in Idaho for a week while the kids and I stayed
with our families in SLC. While he crammed in learning, we crammed in time with
family and loved every minute of it.
Rick and I went on a church history tour to help Rick prepare for teaching church
history and Doctrine and Covenants in Seminary this year. We traveled through
Independence Missouri, Nauvoo, and the Pioneer Trail. We loved the experience
and learned so much as we felt the powerful spirit that emanated from places
where so much has happened and will yet happen. The kids did really well
staying at Grandma and Grandpa Jensen’s house and loved their vacation there.
We
came up north again shortly after this trip to go to the BYU Symposium and then
again during UEA where we went to the Jensen’s big annual Halloween party. Janika was a black kitty cat and Jase was Bam
Bam, from The Flintstones. In October, we ended up going back to our regular ward in Ivins. Rick was called to be the gospel doctrine teacher again and I was called to be the First counselor in the Young Women’s Presidency. We were both excited about our new callings. It felt good to get involved in our ward again and finally get to know our neighbors and ward members better.
We also enjoyed our stay with family over Thanksgiving
and said farewell to Grandma and Grandpa Jensen as they left on a Caribbean
Cruise. Rick set up our computer and our families’ computer on a chat system so
we can “chat” over the Internet anytime we are both on-line. So we still feel
like we are a part of the family even though we live far away.

Rick started teaching some Internet classes for Infowest and they were well attended. He enjoyed the variety of teaching and the perks that came with it. Rick also also began working on his Master’s
Degree at SUU through the Dixie Extension. He is looking into a degree in Education
with an emphasis in music. Fall
semester I taught a beginning ASL class at Dixie College during the day on
Tuesdays and Thursdays. I traded baby-sitting with our neighbor while she taught
kindergarten in the morning and then I taught my class in the afternoon. In December we celebrated the kids' birthdays! Janika turned 3 and Jase turned 1.
We had a wonderful Christmas at our home and Rick surprised me with a big freezer for our garage! We gave Janika a little table and chairs and tea set and Jase finally has some trucks to push around. We feel so grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing us so abundantly and hope we can live worthy of being given so much!
We had a wonderful Christmas at our home and Rick surprised me with a big freezer for our garage! We gave Janika a little table and chairs and tea set and Jase finally has some trucks to push around. We feel so grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing us so abundantly and hope we can live worthy of being given so much!








No comments:
Post a Comment