Janika: The biggest event this year (and in my whole life, really) was that I got to marry my sweetheart for time and all eternity in the Bountiful temple! Brandon and I have been married almost six months and life is so good! We're still in Logan, attending USU. I'm studying Psychology with a minor in Organizational Communication and will graduate this coming spring and Brandon is double majoring in Marketing and Business Administration and will graduate next Spring.
(Wedding Photos by Jackie Siggard. Click HERE to see more!)
Click HERE for Janika and Brandon's Wedding Video
Hi my name is Jared but right
now it's Elder Jensen! For this past year I've been involved in my
senior year of track and it was super awesome because my team and I
broke our school record for the 4X400 and I was able to receive my
mission call to the Illinois Chicago mission! Before my mission I was
able to enjoy working in the temple and spending time with family and
friends! I left in August and served in Chicago for the first three
months of my mission but I'm currently serving in Hebron/Crown Point
Indiana! I couldn't be happier serving the lord and want to continue
learning to rely on my Savior and growing in this gospel! Merry
Christmas!
Jase: Like all previous years, I have acquired an
additional year of life experience and gained a year in age making me a total
of 21 years of age. I returned home from my mission in June and the last 6
months were wonderful. It’s sad to think that time is gone, but I feel good
where I am at right now. I started working at Deseret First Credit Union in
July and I really love my new job. I am also attending Dixie State
University majoring in Biology. It has been busy, but
I really love having school and work because it gives me a lot to do. If I’m
not at school or work, then I’m on a date. I can always find time for dating
and I have enjoyed meeting lots of new people. Overall, it has been a wonderful
year of growth and even though I’m not sure about my career or other things in
my future, I feel prepared for what lies ahead.
Missionary Blog: https://elderjareddjensen.blogspot.com/
Janelle: I’m a sophomore at Snow Canyon. This
year I participated in the Madrigals at my school and National Honor Society. I
also participated in the high school play this year (The Pajama Game). I was in my fifth year in the Hands
in Harmony Caroling group as well. I love to sing, act, read, and sleep. This was a
good year and I can’t wait to see what next year brings!(Click HERE to hear the Madrigals singing Angels From the Realms of Glory)
Jaiden: I am a freshman at Snow Canyon. This year I am on the SCHS dance company and I am the spirit rep on student council. I am also in the National Junior Honor Society and the Hands in Harmony Carolers. I also do tumbling and I just got my back tuck! I help coach younger tumbling classes and it is so much fun! I love singing, dancing, tumbling, and hanging out with friends even though I don’t have time because I have SO much homework.
(Click HERE to see Jaiden's song in Warrior Idol!!)
Josh: I am in 7th grade. My favorite class is Chinese because all my friends are in it and it is really easy. I am playing soccer for United FC. The season just finished and we were undefeated. I did the Geckathon again which is like a mini triathlon for my school. My favorite food is pizza and my favorite color is blue. I don’t like science because it is science.
(Click HERE to see Josh performing as Gingy in his school play, Shrek Jr.)
Jenna: I am in 4th grade. I love pigs! My best friends are Clarissa and Anna.
I still do Chinese and I really like it. I am in choir and played Mrs. Beauregarde in my school play, Willy Wonka Kids. This year I got to be a Hands in Harmony Caroler!! I love to draw and do crafts. I
normally do crafts using garbage and when I make it my mom says, “That is so
creative!” But then when she tells me to clean my room she says to throw it
away! My favorite food is pizza and mac and
cheese. I like nature and I like to be
happy all the time!
(Click HERE to watch Jenna performing "Happy Little Working Song" in her third grade talent show!)
Rick teaches seminary at Desert Hills High School as well as an Institute class for the Deaf. He loves teaching and I love being married to a Seminary teacher! I keep track of all our family's schedules and would be lost without my Google calendar! I love supporting my kids in all of their activities and documenting their events on a family blog.
(Click HERE to watch Jenna performing "Happy Little Working Song" in her third grade talent show!)
Rick teaches seminary at Desert Hills High School as well as an Institute class for the Deaf. He loves teaching and I love being married to a Seminary teacher! I keep track of all our family's schedules and would be lost without my Google calendar! I love supporting my kids in all of their activities and documenting their events on a family blog.
Last August a new ward was created in our area and we are part of the new ward. It has been a big adjustment, but change is good! I was sad to be released from serving with the Young Women with the change and so I was thrilled to be called back to serve with our Young Women in our new ward. Rick is also happy to be teaching in the Elder's Quorum. I enjoy working as an Interpreter for the Deaf in a variety of settings. Rick also works as an Interpreter for the Deaf (in all of his spare time, ha ha!)
I have experienced so much pure joy this year I feel like I can't even contain it all! Rick and I were able to witness our oldest daughter, Janika, get married to her sweetheart for time and all eternity in the Bountiful Temple on June 22. It was such a sweet, sacred, spiritual experience and one that we will never forget! We were thrilled to welcome Brandon into our family!

It was also such a joy welcoming home Jase from his mission -- just a week before Janika and Brandon were married. I can't even describe the joy we felt having our whole family together again and having Jase and Jared be able to come with us to the temple. Jase returned home the same week as Girls' Camp. My girls and I were enjoying the adrenaline rush of zip-lining, rappelling, and tackling a huge ropes course at Beaver High Adventure, but headed back a day early to embrace Jase at the airport! We enjoyed being together as a family as he shared his testimony and missionary experiences with us.
Another highlight was celebrating with Jared his Senior year. He excelled in track and Rick and I were able to buzz up to Provo to watch his relay team place second in State and break his school record. Jared has such an awesome friend group and it was so heart-warming to see them support each other as they all prepared for their missions. Jared left for the Chicago Illinois Mission on August 15th and is having a great experience! We are grateful that his letters are sprinkled with his personality and humor so that we still feel close to him even though he is gone!
Another recent highlight for our family was a fun trip to the Bay Area and San Francisco over Thanksgiving to visit my brother's family. It was great to take a break from our busy schedules and just focus on family! Our kids were excited to visit some of their favorite cousins and we got personal tours of various sites in San Francisco. Josh and Jenna even got to practice their Chinese in China Town!
Rick is the director of the Hands in Harmony Carolers, which makes the Christmas season a busy one in the Jensen household! This year Janelle, Jaiden, and Jenna were all carolers -- and we were even able to have Jase join us from time to time. It makes for a busy, stressful season, but I am grateful that our kids can have this amazing growth experience while they share the message of Jesus Christ to the community through music!
Here are some links to a few of their songs!
Ring Out the Bells
Chestnuts Roasting by an Open Fire
Carol of the Bells (Hark How the Bells)
Silent Night
As you can see, we have had an eventful year and hectic holiday season! But during this hustle and bustle I just want to pause and express gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings he has given to us! I am so grateful for the peace and hope that comes only through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love my family so much and am grateful that I can have them forever! We wish you peace and love and hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Love, Rick, Wendy, Brandon, Janika, Jase, Jared, Janelle, Jaiden, Joshua, and Jennalee

















No comments:
Post a Comment